Skip to main content
Skip to footer
- Investigation of dissolved (polycyclic) aromatic hydrocarbons by membrane inlet photoionization mass spectrometry.
- Influence of marine exhaust gas treatment systems ("scrubbers") on the inputs of (polycyclic) aromatic hydrocarbons into the marine environment
- fast gas chromatography for online application on marine research vessels
- Further development of membrane inlet mass spectrometry for the detection of hazardous munition compounds in the sea
- Resonance enhanced multiphoton ionization (REMPI) for the investigation of environmentally relevant substances.
- 2012 Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) at the University of Rostock
- 2014 Master of Science (Chemistry) at the University of Rostock
- 2014-2020 PhD student at the Chair of Analytical Chemistry, University of Rostock and Marine Chemistry Section, Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research Warnemünde
- 2020 PhD (Dr. rer. nat.) at the Chair of Analytical Chemistry, University of Rostock
- since 2020 research associate (postdoc) at the Chair of Analytical Chemistry, University of Rostock
- AMMOTRACE - AMMunitiOn exploration by surface- and underwater-based laser mass spectrometric TRACing tEchnology (MarTera, ERA-NET-Cofund)
- DFG -328082278 Hyphenation of fast gas chromatography to photo-ionisation mass spectrometry for comprehensive analysis of climate and health-relevant organic aerosol components from dynamic combustion processes (Grant number: ZI764/14-1)
- DFG-289642123 Development and optimization of a membrane inlet photoionization mass spectrometer for real-time analysis of (poly)aromatic and halogenated compounds in aquatic systems (Grant number: ZI764/12-1
- Gehm, C., Schnepel, K., Czech, H., Miersch, T., Ehlert, S., Zimmermann, R. 2021. Hyper-fast gas chromatography and single-photon ionisation time-of-flight mass spectrometry with integrated electrical modulator-based sampling for headspace and online VOC analyses. The Analyst. DOI:10.1039/D1AN00114K.
- Gehm, C., Streibel, T., Ehlert, S., Schulz-Bull, D., Zimmermann, R. 2020. External trap-and-release membrane inlet for photoionization mass spectrometry: Towards fast direct analysis of aromatic pollutants in aquatic systems. Rapid communications in mass spectrometry : RCM. DOI:10.1002/rcm.8863.
- Gehm, C., Streibel, T., Ehlert, S., Schulz-Bull, D., Zimmermann, R. 2019. Development and Optimization of an External-Membrane Introduction Photoionization Mass Spectrometer for the Fast Analysis of (Polycyclic)Aromatic Compounds in Environmental and Process Waters. Anal. Chem. 91, 24, 15547–15554. DOI:10.1021/acs.analchem.9b03480.
- Gehm, C., Streibel, T., Passig, J., Zimmermann, R. 2018. Determination of Relative Ionization Cross Sections for Resonance Enhanced Multiphoton Ionization of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons. Appl. Sci. 8, 9, 1617. DOI:10.3390/app8091617.